July 24th, 1985. Walt Disney Studios released its 25th animated feature film in cinemas. But this Disney movie is completely different to anything Disney had ever done before, or even till this day almost 32 years later. That movie was The Black Cauldron.
Happy World Book Day! I hope you’re having a great day celebrating by catching up on your favourite tales, or maybe by reading new adventures in the great wide somewhere.
I was recently inspired by Disney‘s “Dream Big, Princess” campaign to create a post on our beloved Disney Princesses and heroines. Too often, I hear too many non-magical folk describe Disney females as “not being healthy role models” for children, and I want to prove them wrong. If it wasn’t for Continue reading “Pop Culture | World Book Day Special | Our Favourite Disney Princesses & Heroines”
Welcome to Day 5 of Batman Week! I hope you’ve been enjoying the posts so far. I thought it was about time I showed you my little collection of Batman merchandise I own!
Let’s start with my figurines and plushes… Continue reading “Lifestyle | My Batman Merch Collection”
Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s the 2nd Day of Batman Week here on my blog, and I couldn’t possibly pass up the chance to talk about one of DC Comics‘ most notorious couples: The Joker & Harley Quinn. They’ve caused chaos, controversy and destruction, but just how did this villainous duo come about? What do they represent? How has their twisted relationship changed over the years? Continue reading “Pop Culture | ‘Mad Love’ V Day Special | The Evolution Of The Joker & Harley Quinn”
Hey everyone! In honour in the release of The LEGO Batman Movie being released in cinemas I shall be hosting my very own Batman Week here at Mandy Jean World. Throughout the week (13th-19th Feb), I’ll be constantly posting content inspired by the famous vigilante of Gotham City, including (but not limited to) movies, comics, fashion, and art. It’s gonna be epic!
If you’re too excited to wait, no fear! Here’s a couple of previous posts I’ve written to get you started:
– Fashion | Outfit Of The Day | Harley Quinn Special
– Movies | ‘Suicide Squad’ Review
– Gaming | ‘Batman: The Telltale Series’ Review
Now I love nothing more than completing a good Disney-themed tag, so guess what – I’ve decided to finally make one! And not only that, but I’ve aimed for this to be the “toughest” Disney tag there is… Because who doesn’t love a challenge?
Rules are as follows:
– You can only answer each question with ONE answer. No multiples! For example, if asked who your favourite character is, don’t answer with “Alice and Peter Pan”. You gotta choose ONLY ONE! (This is what’s gonna make it tough, you see… muahaha…)
– All answers must, of course, be Disney-related, but you can choose items from franchises owned by Disney i.e PIXAR, Star Wars, Marvel etc.
– Once you’re done, copy/paste the questions and tag some friends to challenge them too!
– EXTRA CHALLENGE: for extra pressure, time yourself and post the amount of time it took to complete this tag. Something tells me it won’t be quick!
So, without further ado, let’s begin… Continue reading “Pop Culture | The All-Time Toughest Disney Tag Yet!”
2017 is set to be a year of out-of-this-world blockbusters! So many big titles, and there’s only set to be even more as the year progresses, but here is a list of what I personally am looking forward to catching at my local cinema the most this year. Enjoy! Continue reading “Movies | What I’ll Be Watching On The Big Screen In 2017”