How is it another year over already?! Time really does fly, even though it doesn’t always seem like it. Sometimes I sit at home (like I am right now) and think “so what did I accomplish this past year?”, but then I look through my photos on Instagram/Facebook etc, and I’m like “whoaaa, did all that really happen just this year?!”. In 2017, I…
– Carried on working as a Disney Cast Member, and even won a Cast Member Award for my hard work.
– Continued to add to my cosplay venture, with 5 new characters added to my portfolio.
– Visited MCM London Comic Con for the first time, my biggest con to date.
– Volunteered for so many charity events I can’t even remember exactly how many!
– Added my fur baby Minnie Bow to my family.
– Was so busy with my make-up business that I was fully-booked.
– Became a part of the team at Nor Con.
– Went on my very first cruise holiday with my boyfriend and his family.
– Visited Disneyland Paris for the 6th time, but my 1st visiting for Halloween which is now my favourite season to visit.
– Started vlogging my adventures over on my YouTube Channel “MandyJeanWorld”.
– Met even more people I’m now proud to say are my friends.
Well, it turned out to be quite a long list of achievements, after all! Of course, everyone’s personal goals and victories are different, but to me, all of the above made my year what it was. That’s not to say I don’t have some goals in mind for 2018…
– Re-start fitness classes. I used to do pole fitness as well as west-end jazz dance classes and I really miss them. The only reason I stopped is because I became very busy and found it hard to attend them, but I’m gonna try and make time this year.
– Learn French. It’s been one of my life-long ambitions and I’ve finally learnt a bit of conversational French, but my goal is to become fluent, so I’m gonna look into some classes.
– Attend more cosplay events. I know, it’s a predictable one if you know me well, but of course I want to expand on the cosplay scene as much as possible, and have even more fun!
– Return to Disneyland! Again, not exactly surprising, but it’s where I love to be.
– Go see more shows. I really want this year to be the year I finally see Aladdin, as well as some other shows I’ve always wanted to see!
– Make a proper go of my YouTube channel. I only have a few vlogs on there at the moment but I enjoyed making them and watching the memories back so much, I definitely want to do more soon!
– Continue to develop and expand my blog. I’m so passionate about so many things, sometimes it’s just getting a chance to sit down and write my feelings.
– Save up for my future. Well, I’ve already started this one, so this goal is more of a continuation, but still worth mentioning!
– Make more time for me. I think it’s too easy to get caught up in work sometimes that I no longer get the time to just sit down, do some sketching, play some video games etc. It might seem like the most little of things, but sometimes it’s the little things that make us happy, so I’m gonna try to not forget that anytime soon and make the most of my downtime.
Happy New Year everyone! What are your goals for 2018? Let me know in the comments!