Hi everyone, we’re officially halfway through the dullness of January, yay! And guess what? Today marks my one year anniversary of blogging – My 1st Bloggersary! I honestly can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I started this exciting online journey. Not only that, but I have also been nominated by the wonderful PippaPosts for The Blogger Recognition Award! Here’s how this award works:
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
– Write a post to show your award.
– Give a brief story of how your blog started.
– Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
– Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
– Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
THE STORY OF MANDY JEAN WORLD
So, if you read my blog or speak to me on social media often, you’ll know I’m a huge pop culture nerd (and quite proud of it too). I had really wanted to create a blog of my own for a while after seeing countless others blog and vlog, but every time I tried in the past I would suddenly lose the confidence to post anything I’d written. But a year ago, I decided that should change. I stopped caring what other people thought and just wrote what I had to say about anything and everything I love, from lifestyle to fashion to movies to video games… And, it worked! My social media circle grew and I got to interact with fellow bloggers and readers of my blog, and guess what? It was all positive reactions. Everyone both online and in the real world have been so supportive of what I do, so for that, I thank you all! Here’s to hopefully many more bloggerversaries of Mandy Jean World – wahoo!
ADVICE TO NEW BLOGGERS
– Be unique, make your blog your own. Don’t be afraid to spend a tonne of time customising and trying out different templates, fonts and header images before you settle on what you like most and finally publish to the world.
– Go with a title that ultimately defines your genre. I went with Mandy Jean World for two reasons: I love Disney so it’s a little homage to Walt Disney World, and my blog is a collection of posts about all the things I love, making it “the world of me“! Your title doesn’t have to include your name, but go for something you haven’t seen anyone use so it’s synonymous with you and you alone.
– Become as active on social media as possible. Join Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc, follow as many people with similar interests as yourself, engage with their posts and tweets by joining in with the conversation and making yourself known. If you’re interacting with fellow bloggers, make sure you check out their blogs too – successful blogging is as much about supporting others as it is promoting yourself!
– Get creative with your content. Try and come up with your own ideas for posts as much as possible, because if you’re just repeating what ten other bloggers have been saying, people are less likely to turn to you when they can read the exact same thing on a more popular blog. Now, there’s nothing wrong with reading other blogger’s posts for ideas and inspiration – in fact, it’s great to read other blogs, I encourage it! – But if you are taking an idea from someone else’s post, please put your own spin on it as much as possible. No one likes a copycat! You can also state where you got the idea from in your post by putting a link to the original blog out of curtesy so the original blogger gets recognition too. Just be yourself, and everything will be smooth sailing from there!
Just want to say thanks once again to Pippa for nominating me! This is the hardest part as I love so many wonderful blogs that deserve this award! Here’s the 15 bloggers I’m nominating:
– Amy (cocktailsinteacups.com)
– Amy (scarielsgrotto.com)
– Chloe (thatdisneyprincessblog.wordpress.com)
– Emily (hollywoodandlime.wordpress.com)
– Fern (flowersinmyhand.wordpress.com)
– Jenny (jennyinneverland.com)
– Kat (katlast.com)
– Kim (teaisawishyourheartmakes.wordpress.com)
– Hannah (www.courageandkindness.co.uk)
– Lizi (itslizi.blogspot.co.uk)
– Rachel (rachellaurus.blogspot.co.uk)
– Steph (stephrosphoto.com)
– Sophie (beneaththeclocktower.wordpress.com)
– Sophie (sophiejowrites.wordpress.com)
– Victoria (www.acciovictoria.com)
I hope you enjoyed reading, and, if you are new to the world of blogging, I hope you find my advice useful! As a completely unrelated side note, I am currently doing a Disney Daily Photo Challenge on Instagram called #SoThisIsLove which was created by Disney Store, so if you’ve got a few minutes and wanna see how I’m getting on, be sure to check out my Insta for daily Disney goodness.
Catch you all soon!