Hi everyone, I hope you had an awesome Christmas and you’re all excited for the New Year! As I mentioned in The Christmas Tag, I’m not the most “Christmassy” of people (I guess working in retail brings forth just how over-commercialised it all is) but I had a wonderful time, spending it with both my family and boyfriend, I got completely spoiled with presents which I’m so thankful for and I’m glad everyone was over-the-moon with what I gifted them too!
2016 has been, for the most part, a fantastic year. Here’s why:
– It was mine and Rupert’s first whole year together! We pretty much celebrated our anniversary in London, you can read my trip report of our adventures in the capital city here.
– We visited Disneyland Paris together too, marking my 5th DLP trip in total and our first DLP together! It was also my first time visiting for Swing Into Spring which has become my favourite season thus far. You can also look back on our magical trip report here.
– As soon as I came back from DLP I became an official Disney Store Cast Member. It’s always been my dream to work for the Walt Disney Company, and this year that dream became a reality!
– My make-up artistry business has also continued to grow… I was fully booked multiple times this year with bridal, prom, photographic and special occasion clients, plus everything else I have to offer (nails, ear piercing, facials and more). Halloween was the busiest yet! You can visit my business FB page here for photos and what else I’ve been up to at my Studio.
– I finally became part of the local cosplay community! I visited two NBGM meet-ups as Tim Burton’s Alice and the incredible Nor-Con as Queen Elsa. I’ve made so many talented creative friends through cosplay and I’m so happy I made the leap to start! You can visit my FB cosplay page, Enchanted Rose Cosplay, here.
– …And because I started cosplay, the popularity of my Queen Elsa led to me starting to cosplay for charity! I now offer princess parties and appearances as my characters. You can read more about what I do here.
– And of course, last but certainly not least, 2016 was the year I finally grew the confidence to do something I’ve wanted to do for years: BLOGGING. I finally started this very blog you’re reading right now! Blogging has allowed me to make friends and connect with likeminded folks from all over the world and it just goes to show you regret the things you don’t do in life far more than what you do try.
The only really bad thing that happened to me personally this year was the recent passing of my little Cavalier Penny Lou. She was 10 and unfortunately suffered a fatal heart attack on my birthday, of all days. It was very sudden and the vet told us she wouldn’t have felt any pain, and we were all so shocked, but she did die in our arms with us telling her how much we loved her. It’s only been a couple of months since her passing but we all miss her so much and Christmas didn’t really feel the same without her.
So, what can you expect from me in the New Year, you ask? Here’s my goals:
– Return to Disneyland Paris for the 25th Anniversary celebrations! Although myself and my boyfriend really want to finally hit “the big one” (Walt Disney World in Florida) we both love Paris for its easy nearby destination by Eurostar and the overall cosy atmosphere and beauty of its parks, which are only gonna be further enhanced by all the recent refurbishments. So excited!
– Attend even more cosplay meet-ups and conventions. I’m really hoping we’ll be able to make London MCM this coming year either in May or October, even if just for one day! We will be returning to Nor-Con which will be a two day event in 2017 (yay!). Cosplays I’ll hopefully be con debuting will be Rapunzel, classic Alice, Belle… And possibly a couple of surprises, so stay tuned!
– I want to find more time to share my creative work! Be it sketching, painting, make-up… I don’t want to be too busy to show off my artistry, I wanna go back to sharing my work like my good old days of Tumblr a few years ago. I was sharing a sketch a day at one point! So here’s to trying to find more time for a much-missed hobby.
– Vamp up my blog with even more posts! While I prefer not to work on a schedule because my life just doesn’t work that way (as a lot of folks don’t!) I do want to get into a habit of writing on a more regular basis and have pre-written posts ready so I can post when I choose to more so than when I “get the time”. Social media-wise, my Twitter and Instagram have grown incredibly this year, and you can only grow more as time goes on when you keep up the good work. I also hope to FINALLY attend some blogger meet-ups this year and meet some of you lovely people who read my little corner of the internet, fingers crossed!
– I want to continue raising as much money for Make A Wish as possible in 2017 through my princess performing charity work. As mentioned above, I’ll be debuting more princesses in the New Year as well as joining forces with the Norwich Charity Cosplay Community, so here’s to making more wishes come true!
I have so much more I want to do but I shall leave it at that for now before this becomes a VERY long post and I’ll write a full Bucket List another time! In the meantime, I’m wishing all of you wonderful followers and readers a Happy New Year, and may it bring you all you wish for and more!