Hi everyone! I was tagged by the awesome Clare to take part in answering these fun Christmas themed questions (thanks Clare!). Like the title suggests, I’m not mad on Christmas. Well, I don’t hate it, but it is completely cheesy and overrated. Plus I’ve always been creeped out by the idea of an old fat man with a beard coming down the chimney, I’d much prefer Jack Skellington. Anyways… Enjoy reading!
1. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE HOLIDAY MOVIE?
My all-time favourite is Gremlins. But others I particularly like are The Grinch, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Beauty & The Beast: An Enchanted Christmas and, most recently, Krampus. Killer gingerbread men and child-eating toys, what’s not to like?
2. DO YOU LIKE TO STAY IN PJS FOR THE DAY OR DRESS UP?
I prefer dressing up, but not just to sit around the house! I dress up if we decide to go out for a meal on Christmas Day.
3. DO YOU OPEN PRESENTS MORNING OR EVENING?
Opening presents is normally the first thing we do after waking up! But we’re kinda like vampires who wake up in the evening, so…
4. HAVE YOU EVER BUILT A GINGERBREAD HOUSE?
Haha if I tried to make a house it’d just end up looking and tasting like a gingerbread dump, so I’ll leave that one to my mum she likes baking, I’ll just help decorate it or something!
5. FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SMELL?
Umm… Perfume, I guess? I love a good perfume.
6. FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS TREAT?
Chocolate, it’s my favourite thing to eat anyway but there’s more of a variety at Christmas. GIVE ME ALL THE CHOCOLATE!
7. WHERE DO YOU SPEND CHRISTMAS DAY?
At home. Where else? Okay, it would be cool to spend it at Disneyland, actually.
8. REAL OR FAKE CHRISTMAS TREE?
No Christmas tree – I don’t really like bristly trees. I prefer more sparkly glamorous decorations! So maybe like a diamond tree if that’s a thing?
9. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE HOLIDAY DRINK?
Mulled wine. I drink hot chocolate all year round so not much difference there.
10. CANDY CANE OR GINGERBREAD MEN?
Gingerbread men, they’re cuter and occasionally more maniacal.
11. WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SONG?
Urgh no thanks.
12. HAVE YOU EVER BUILT A SNOWMAN?
COME ON LET’S GO AND PLAAAAAAAAAY… As an Elsa cosplayer it’s kind of my duty, really.
13. WHAT IS AT THE TOP OF YOUR CHRISTMAS LIST?
If someone could buy me a castle and a real-life unicorn that would be amazing. But to be serious, I’m just grateful for anything!
14. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS?
15. WHEN DO YOU START GETTING EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS?
I don’t really, I mean Christmas is okay but it’s only one day, I get more excited for Halloween which is only two days before my birthday and it’s a whole week of celebrating, dressing up and having fun.
16. DO YOU STILL HAVE ADVENT CALENDARS?
I have a Disney advent calendar and my mum fills it up with mini Tsums, chocolate, jewellery, accessories etc. It’s sweet!
17. FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS MEMORY?
All Christmases have been great but they’re all over so quick, I guess it was more fun when I was younger and I dressed up as Belle in her awesome red Christmas dress!
18. WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER?
Either turkey or lamb with traditional trimmings. Honestly though, prawn cocktail starters are the best part of it all.
19. WHAT IS THE BEST PRESENT YOU’VE EVER RECEIVED?
Oh, just EVERYTHING. I’m appreciative of all, can’t pick a favourite!
20. HAVE YOU EVER HAD A WHITE CHRISTMAS?
Nope… but White Easter is a common thing here in the UK!
Well, that’s all the questions for today! I’m opening up this tag to whomever would like to take part. So, if you’d like this tag on your blog, copy/paste the questions and replace my answers with your own. Have a wonderful Christmas!