Hi everyone. As you can probably tell from the title… This week hasn’t been my week! I believe it was only a mere couple of weeks ago that I excitedly wrote about looking forward to Birmingham Animé & Gaming Con and competing in the UK Cosplay Championship.
It is now, with a heavy heart, I have to announce that I’m no longer attending the event, or competing in the championship.
I know you’re all wondering why – well, firstly, I’ll make it clear that dropping out was whole-heartedly my decision. I decided to drop out mainly because of the last minute sudden change of location. This led to lots of inconveniences concerning the hotel we booked, transport, and a matter of other factors. After a lot of anger and frustration, dropping out of the competition and the event was for me personally, the best option.
I’m not gonna lie – I’m very upset about it. It’s an event I’ve looked forward to for months, and spent a lot of time, money and passion towards. I’ve missed out on attending Disney Blogger’s Meet Up this week, and I’m gonna miss out on a party, because I was saving up for this. The moral of the story is some people have had to suffer because a company or two were simply unorganised.
But I’ve had enough negativity for one week – so, here’s a list of positive things!
1. I have to firstly thank everyone who has supported me so far in my decision, be it large or small gesture. I’m so thankful that there are still good, honest, kind people in the world. You all know who who you are – thank you!
2. Luckily, there’s still Nor-Con and the next Big Geek Meet! I’ll be able to debut my new cosplays at both of these great local events.
3. Myself and my boyfriend are now looking at other possible weekends away or cons to attend to make up for Birmingham plans falling through, so hopefully we’ll still have some fun travelling to look forward to together.
4. Remember the pole photo-shoot I done with the awesome Firefly Poles? Well, good news – I got to choose what shots I wanted this week! The Image Cella did an incredible job, and I can’t wait to share his amazing work with you all once the photos are complete.
5. I will be returning to the terrific world of scare acting this Halloween – and that’s all I’m saying for now. The rest is top secret, I’m afraid! Boo! I love Halloween, it’s by far my favourite holiday of the year *starts gleefully singing The Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack*.
6. Work-wise, things are good! I’ve met some lovely customers and clients through work, and cheesy as it sounds, being able to make other’s happy always brightens my own day.
7. TV is one of my favourite escapes. I’ve had a lot of fun re-watching and introducing my boyfriend to one of my favourite shows, Once Upon A Time. I’ve also been enjoying S1 of Supergirl on DVD… What a show. I love how it focuses on women being strong and independent, superpowers or none. Kara, Alex and Cat are such inspirational females as characters… Cannot wait to see what the second season brings!
I know tonight’s post started as kind of a downer, but expressing how I feel, as well as making a point of some current things I have to be positive about… has made me feel a tonne better! Thank you for reading – catch you soon!