Hi everyone, I’ve been tagged by both Jade from Outside The Tower and Fern from Flowers In My Hand to complete this awesome Disney tag! Both Jade and Fern have beautiful blogs so I highly recommend you check them out if you haven’t already. This tag is called 20 Facts About My Disney Life, and is about sharing a some unique facts all about how Disney has impacted your life. So, without further ado… Here’s mine!
1. The first Disney movie I had ever watched all the way through when I was a young child was The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, followed by The Little Mermaid and Beauty & The Beast. They are still my favourites to this day as they hold so much nostalgia for me.
2. My favourite Disney character is Alice from Alice In Wonderland. There are a number of reasons why she’s my favourite; I relate to her because she’s not royalty/superhuman/extraterrestrial but merely a young girl from the English countryside, she is relatively ordinary, but she has an extraordinary way of thinking and viewing the world around her which is what makes her so special and unique. I also love Tim Burton’s live-action Alice as I believe she is a greatly positive female role model and Mia Wasikowska is just perfect at portraying her in both movies.
3. I collect SO MUCH Disney Store/Disney Parks merchandise, I have legitimately run out of room for my larger-than-life collection. Do I regret anything? NEVER! I love collecting Disney and it’s such a fun hobby. You can never have too many plushes/Tsums/figurines/pins/snow globes/mugs/DVDs/dolls…
4. I also love including Disney items in my day-to-day wardrobe. Whether it’s a printed t-shirt or a subtle piece of jewellery, I’m hardly ever without wearing a little piece of Disney to make my day more magical. Disney Bounding is one of my favourite hobbies!
5. I’ve been a huge fan of all the Disney Princesses ever since I can remember, but my favourite is Ariel, followed closely by Belle and Rapunzel.
6. I’m always playing Disney soundtracks in my car on the way to work! My favourite Disney song is “Part Of Your World” from The Little Mermaid.
7. I first visited a Disney Park when I was 8 years old. I have only ever visited Disneyland Paris (I’ve visited DLP 5 times as of this post), but I plan on eventually visiting every Disney Park in the world!
8. I’ve always wanted to work for the company in some way or the other and being able to say I’m a Cast Member is one of my proudest life achievements so far.
9. While Disney has always been played a big part in my life, I feel that it became a big thing for me again at the age of 18 when I received Tangled on DVD as an 18th birthday present. Rapunzel also turns 18 in the movie and it re-sparked my love of Disney that had kind of taken a bit of a back seat in my teens.
10. I love Disney live shows! I saw Beauty & The Beast both on ice and the West End theatre production when I was younger, and I’ve got tickets for Mary Poppins in just two weeks, I’m so excited. Hopefully I’ll get to see Aladdin soon, too!
11. I find it incredibly hard to choose just one Pixar movie as my favourite as I love them all! But if I really had to pick, I’d choose Toy Story.
12. Meeting characters is one of my favourite things to do at Disney Parks! Since my first visit, I’ve met over 45 different characters. My favourite characters to meet so far have been Alice, Belle, Merida, Marie and of course, Mickey himself!
13. My favourite Disney Parks ride attractions include The Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor, It’s A Small World, Peter Pan’s Flight, The Twilight Zone: Tower Of Terror, Space Mountain, and Pirates Of The Caribbean.
14. The video game Kingdom Hearts made me love Disney even more than I already did as a child, it’s a beautiful game with a magical story containing so many Disney worlds and characters. I still love playing all the KH games to this date. So excited for KH3!
15. My favourite Disney villain is the Evil Queen, followed closely by Ursula.
16. I know a lot of people dislike the movie, but I’m a big fan of The Black Cauldron; Taran is a great lead, The Horned King is one of the most terrifying villains, Gurgi is an adorable sidekick and Eilonwy is one gorgeous brave princess.
17. The first Disney movie I ever saw in the cinema was Atlantis: The Lost Empire. I love the movie so much; strong characters, witty script, great story… it’s such a shame it’s majorly underrated these days.
18. I only recently got into Star Wars when I watched the original trilogy and The Force Awakens with my boyfriend, and I really enjoyed them! I would love to own a real-life droid or Ewok… how cool would that be?!
19. I’ll admit I unfortunately can’t stand most Marvel movies… Sorry! The only two Disney property Marvel movies I like are Big Hero 6 and Guardians Of The Galaxy.
20. I’m fortunate enough to be surrounded by family and friends who fully support my love of Disney and I’m very thankful for that. I’ve also met and spoke to so many amazing people through the ever-friendly online Disney community, never before have I been so welcome to be part of. Only once in my life I have had someone actually say to me that “Disney is just for kids, it’s so bizarre when adults buy soft toys for themselves“, to which I responded that they should think twice before judging people for something so innocent that makes them happy… And that they should kindly bibbidi bobbidi back up out of our magical lives. (They didn’t realise they were speaking to someone who literally owns a plush of every single Disney character ever. Muahahaha…)
I hope you enjoyed reading 20 Facts About My Disney Life! I now tag the following blogs to share their 20 Facts: